Massie Hills Cross County Ski Trail
- The trail is maintained by the Owen Sound Cross County Ski Club.
- This trail can be used all year for biking, hiking, skiing.
- The only main restriction is no motorized vehicle.
- The property is 650 acres owned by the Conservation Authority.
- Mid. Dec. to Feb. snow fall of 1/2 meter a week is common.
- When the lake and bay freezes snow is less.
- We get a lot of snow which causes delays in grooming. (we could get 1 meter in 1 night)
- Our aim is to do grooming once or twice a week.
- The trail is hilly but not dangerous with long run outs.
- You might see wildlife early in the season if you are quiet. (deer, hare, jack rabbit and many kinds of birds)
- All the trail is in the bush and is very well protected from the wind.
- Easy trail is clockwise on red and yellow loop and counter clockwise on pink and blue loop.
- See map for location.
cut tail through bush 1km
logging road: 6 km
day pass on honor system
send donation to
Owen Sound Cross Country Ski Club